*John Green stands at the head of the table*
John: STATUS REPORT
John: CASSANDRA GO
Cassandra: working on COHF, and I will guarantee I'll have teen girls all around the world crying fOREVER
John: RICK GO
Rick: currently working on BOO, and I can PROMISE I'll have teen girls all around the world hugging their books and burying their faces in their pink fluffy pillows!!!
John: VERONICA GO!!!
Veronica: I killed off the main character of my book
*John sits down*
John: good job team
Frank: During Percy's, Hazel's and my quest I got the girl that I've been crushing on forever to kiss me, and I couldn't be happier than I am now.
Percy: We started off as best friends, but now we're so much more. I can't live without my wise girl.
Jason: I know I'm new to this whole relationship thing, but I hope that I'm not screwing it up at all. Because she deserves the best.
Ten rape prevention tips:
1. Don’t put drugs in women’s drinks.
2. When you see a woman walking by herself, leave her alone.
3. If you pull over to help a woman whose car has broken down, remember not to rape her.
4. If you are in an elevator and a woman gets in, don’t rape her.
5. When you encounter a woman who is asleep, the safest course of action is to not rape her.
6. Never creep into a woman’s home through an unlocked door or window, or spring out at her from between parked cars, or rape her.
7. Remember, people go to the laundry room to do their laundry. Do not attempt to molest someone who is alone in a laundry room.
8. Use the Buddy System! If it is inconvenient for you to stop yourself from raping women, ask a trusted friend to accompany you at all times.
9. Carry a rape whistle. If you find that you are about to rape someone, blow the whistle until someone comes to stop you.
10. Don’t forget: Honesty is the best policy. When asking a woman out on a date, don’t pretend that you are interested in her as a person; tell her straight up that you expect to be raping her later. If you don’t communicate your intentions, the woman may take it as a sign that you do not plan to rape her.”
Rape prevention tips
Posted by Leigh Hofheimer under Prevention
this perfectly represents how ridiculous the things women are told to prevent rape in the rape culture we live in